E. Alex Shilliday represents the interests of insurers in matters involving the litigation of insurance coverage disputes and extra-contractual claims. Alex counsels insurers on policy interpretation, policy drafting, claims handling, bad faith avoidance, apportionment, and priority of coverage issues. He has over 12 years of experience prosecuting and defending against declaratory judgment actions regarding the duty to defend and duty to indemnify.
In addition, Alex has drafted numerous coverage opinions on many aspects of general liability policies, auto policies, trucking policies, and nonsubscriber ERISA plans. He has also represented insurance agents on issues involving failure to procure coverage, negligence, misrepresentation and fraud claims.
- Bituminous Cas. Corp. v. Travelers Indem. Co., __ F.Supp.2d __, 2013 WL 1722447 (N.D.Tex. Apr. 22, 2013)
- CSA Nutraceuticals GP, L.L.C. v. Chubb Custom Ins. Co., No. 12–10317, 2013 WL 28399 (5th Cir. Jan. 2, 2013)
- Trammell Crow Residential Co. v. Virginia Sur. Co., Inc., Civil Action No. 3:08–CV–0685–B, 2009 WL 3353035 (N.D.Tex. Oct. 16, 2009)
- Arrowood Indem. Co. v. Gulf Underwriters Ins. Co., Civil Action No. EP–08–CV–285–DB, 2008 WL 5686082 (W.D.Tex. Dec. 19, 2008)
- National Athletic Trainers’ Ass’n, Inc. v. American Physical Therapy Ass’n, Civil Action No. 3:08-CV-0158-G, 2008 WL 4146022 (N.D.Tex. Sep. 9, 2008)
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., International Law Review – Articles Editor
- University of Notre Dame, B.B.A., Finance and Business Economics
Bar Admissions : Texas
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
Rate : $$$$