E. Leo Milonas, a New York-based Pillsbury Litigation partner with 26 years of judicial experience, has a longstanding commitment to improving the administration of justice.
Judge Milonas has won major victories for clients at trial and on appeal. In addition to complex commercial litigation, Judge Milonas focuses on alternative dispute resolution, as counsel, arbitrator and mediator.
His judicial experience includes 16 years as associate justice of the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of New York State, First Department, and as chief administrative judge of the State of New York, where he instituted lasting reforms and managed the state court operations.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Achieved significant victories for clients in major litigations, particularly in New York State Supreme Courts, New York Appellate Divisions, U.S. District Courts and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit.
- Represented numerous global clients including GE, Viacom, Pfizer, Schering-Plough, Bombardier, Inc., Deutsche Bank, BNY Mellon, Marubeni America Corp., American Express, Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A. and The Bank of Cyprus.
- Revamped the New York State Court’s jury system and created the Commercial Divisions of the Supreme Court, the Community Courts and Problem-Solving Courts during his judicial career.
- Supervising Judge of the Manhattan Criminal Courts
- Deputy Chief Administrative Judge of the New York City Courts
- Chief Administrative Judge of the State of New York
EDUCATION : LL.B., Brooklyn Law School, 1960
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States, Eastern District of New York
- United States, Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$