E. Nicki Hewell is an energy and environmental litigator. In particular, Nicki has experience representing a variety of energy clients in complex state and federal cases, including defending clients in actions for cost recovery under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA).
In addition to her environmental practice, Nicki has extensive experience representing oil and gas clients in title transactions and litigation involving lease disputes. Similarly, Nicki has represented midstream companies in their easement negotiations as well as their condemnation cases under the Natural Gas Act.
While representing energy clients, Nicki has also appeared in front of the Ohio Power Siting Board and the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio.
Prior to joining Squire Patton Boggs, Nicki was an associate at a regional law firm. Nicki has also served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Gregory L. Frost of the US District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, a law clerk in the Tax Litigation division of the Indiana Attorney General’s Office and a judicial extern for the Morgan County (Indiana) Circuit Court.
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D., Order of the Barristers, 2016
- DePauw University, B.A., Philosophy, cum laude, 2011
Admissions : Ohio, 2013
- U.S. Ct. of App., Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Dist. Ct., N. Dist. of Ohio
- U.S. Dist. Ct., S. Dist. of Ohio
Memberships and Affiliations :
- Young Energy Professionals Division, Institute for Energy Law
- Member, Ohio Women’s Bar Association
- Member, Columbus Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Represented a utility company in multiparty CERCLA litigation.
- Represented a FERC-certificated natural gas pipeline company in title transactions, as well as litigation involving condemnation, contract disputes and civil disobedience.
- Represented intervenor companies, including wind and low-income clients, during proceedings in front of the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio.
- Represented a natural gas company in transactional and litigation matters involving title issues and lease disputes.
Rate : $$$