E. Scott Johnson is a shareholder in Baker Donelson’s Baltimore office. Mr. Johnson’s diverse law practice includes licensing, trademark, copyright, technology, Internet, entertainment, arts and media law matters. He counsels individuals, companies, nonprofit organizations and educational institutions on a wide range of intellectual property matters.
Mr. Johnson reviews and prepares Internet-related agreements and evaluates trade practices, including legal aspects of advertising and Internet marketing. His work in the IT and in other technology fields includes legal aspects of joint ventures, software development and licensing, research and development and sponsored research agreements.
For clients in the entertainment and media fields, Mr. Johnson handles the preparation and negotiation of film and television production and co-production agreements, recording contracts, personal management agreements, music publishing agreements, production agreements, video/film synchronization licenses, book publishing contracts, public art commissions and rights clearances, fair use and new media issues.
Mr. Johnson is the recipient of numerous accolades from national and local legal and business publications for his work in the field of intellectual property law. He also takes a lead role in numerous community organizations dedicated to film, music and the arts and is past chair of the Maryland State Arts Council. Since 1985, he has been a voting member of the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences’ Producers and Musicians Wings.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1988, cum laude
- First Prize, Georgetown University 1987 Nathan Burkan Competition (Copyright)
- University of Maryland, B.A., 1985, summa cum laude
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – Maryland State Bar Association
- Member – The Recording Academy
- Baltimore Office of Promotion & the Arts, Inc.
- Juror – Light City Baltimore (2016)
- Event Committee Chair – 9/11 of Maryland Memorial Advisory Committee (2011)
- Board of Directors – Creative Alliance (2004 – 2008)
- Member – Maryland Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
- Member – Young Audiences of Maryland, Inc.
Rate : $$$