Wycliffe Orr is member of Orr, Brown & Billips LLP. As a trial lawyer for 40 years, from U. S. Army courtrooms in Europe to much of Georgia, Wyc Orr has diversified trial and dispute resolution experience.
A trial lawyer for four decades, he has tried a wide variety of cases, having represented both plaintiffs and defendants before juries in 28 Georgia counties from North to South, as well as in Federal court, and courts-martial in West Germany during his days as a U. S. Army JAGC lawyer.
The breadth and depth of Wyc’s decades-long litigation experience allows him to bring many case histories and experiences to bear in evaluating, preparing and trying cases, as well as settling them where appropriate.
His broad-based personal injury litigation experience includes auto accidents and trucking collisions, premises liability, products liability, invasion of privacy, defamation, and medical malpractice, among many others.
Wyc also has substantial experience in employment cases under both federal and state law, and was named to Georgia Trend magazine’s “Legal Elite” in the field of employment law in 2005.
He was previously recognized in 2003 with the State Bar of Georgia’s Bench and Bar Committee’s Award for Professionalism, and in 2008 was named a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation, which recognizes lawyers’ service to the legal profession and to their communities. Also in 2008, he was awarded the Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers’ Indigent Defense Award, recognizing his being “a vocal advocate for the citizens of Georgia.” He has also litigated numerous cases in the fields of civil rights and other forms of governmental liability.
E.Wycliffe Orr also has extensive appellate experience, with many appearances before Georgia’s appellate courts, and he has argued in the Eleventh Circuit United States Court of Appeals.
Completion of his formal education was followed by almost four years in the U.S. Army, mostly overseas in Europe. Wyc served in the Georgia House of Representatives from 1989 to 1993.
He has career-long extensive involvement with the State Bar of Georgia and in local bar activities, and has served in a host of civic and charitable organizations across the state. He is the product of a small town in Georgia, where he knew and learned from people at every socio-economic station.
Wyc has also managed family farmland and timberland in South Georgia. He brings a variety of life experiences to the practice of law and representation of clients.
- University of Tennessee, J.D., First in Class, 1970
- Auburn University, B.S., Accounting Major, With High Honors, 1968
- Past Member, Georgia House of Representatives (1989-1993)
- Past Member, Georgia Public Defender Standards Council (2003 -2011)
- Founder and Past President, Chattahoochee-American Inn of Court
- Past President, Gainesville-Northeastern Circuit Bar Association (2002-2003)
- Founder and Past President, Lanier Educational Foundation
- Alumni Advisory Council, University of Tennessee, College of Law
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Auburn Alumni Association
- Past Chair, Administrative Board and Finance Committee, and Youth Sunday School Teacher, First United Methodist Church of Gainesville
- Various other past leadership positions in community organizations, including American Cancer Society- Hall County Chapter; Chestatee Regional Library Board; Rotary Club; Elachee Nature Science Center; Arts Council of Gainesville; Northeast Georgia Speech Center; Volunteer Gainesville, and T-ball Coach
Rate : $$$