Ebony C. Smith advises employers on complex workforce issues, the employment relationship, compensation and benefits. She uses a background in trial and appellate clerkships to help employers manage litigation risk and respond to disputes.
In addition to judicial clerkships, Ebony worked as a contract evaluator and clerked with a Chicago law firm before joining Faegre Baker Daniels. She also completed a trade and investment internship with the British Consulate General and served as a research assistant on international issues during law school.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D. Dean’s List; Public Interest & Service Honor; Leadership Honor (2014)
- University of Alabama, B.A. in International Studies (2011)
Bar Admissions : Illinois
- Illinois Appellate Court, Hon. Cynthia Y. Cobbs, 2017-2017
- Circuit Court of Cook County, Hon. Lewis M. Nixon, 2015-2017
Professional Associations :
- Chicago Bar Association — Bar Show Cast Member, 2013-present
- Black Women Lawyers’ Association, 2014-present — Young Lawyer Subcommittee (Co-chair, 2015-16); Social Media Chair, 2017-present
Rate : $$$