With nearly three decades of experience, Ed Turanchik has worked in and with state and local government, and led organizations as an attorney, public official, and business owner. Ed provides government relations assistance to regional and national clients in major contract procurements, development of public private partnership agreements, and advancement of innovative projects.
In addition, private clients rely on Ed for assistance in dealing with public agencies and policy issues. He advises on zoning and entitlement issues for both national and local developers, and his work also includes major mixed-use urban redevelopment projects, acquisitions, and project repositioning.
Ed combines his public policy advocacy work and experience in Florida’s public record, sunshine-in-government, and procurement laws to maximize results for clients who interface with public agencies.
In the private sector, Ed has worked as a principal in a local, urban development firm and served as the president and CEO of Florida’s Olympic bid committee. His public sector experience includes serving eight years as a Hillsborough County Commissioner, with service on numerous local and regional authorities.
Notably, Ed initiated regional rail and bus transit plans in the Tampa Bay area, and led the successful effort to end 70 years of regional water wars, which culminated in the formation of a new regional authority, and over a billion dollars of new water supply projects. He also led the effort to locate and build what is now the Amalie Arena in downtown Tampa.
- J.D., Ohio State University College of Law, 1985, President, OSU Student Bar
- M.S., Michigan State University, Zoology, 1982
- B.S., University of Cincinnati, Biology, 1978, magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa
Bar Admissions : Florida
Professional Experience :
- Candidate for Mayor of Tampa, 2011
- WilburSmith and Associates, Director of Strategy and Communications, 2010-2011
- ConnectUS, President, 2009-2010
- InTownHomes, Principal, 2004-2010
- Civitas, Principal, 2001-2004
- Florida 2012, President and Chief Executive Officer, 1998-2001
- Hillsborough County, Board of County Commissioners, 1990-1998; Chairman 1992-1994
- Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors 2014-2016
- West Tampa Chamber of Commerce, Member, 2007 to Present
- Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority Board of Directors, 1991-2001; Chairman, 1994-1995
- Citizens Planning and Environmental Review Committee for High Speed Rail, 1995-1999
- Hillsborough County Criminal Justice Coordinating Council, Founder and Chairman, 1995-1998
- Hillsborough County Metropolitan Planning Organization Board of Directors, 1990-1998; Chairman, 1992-1993
- Tampa Bay Water, Chairman, 1995-1998
- Florida Communities Trust, Board of Directors, 1995-1997
- Public Safety Coordinating Council, Chairman, 1992-1995
- Tampa Bay Commuter Rail Authority, 1991-1995; Chairman, 1992-1995
- Tampa Port Authority, Board of Directors, 1991-1992
Rate : $$$$