Eda Derhemi is an Associate in Fragomen’s New York office. She has experience representing a range of clients—from individuals to Fortune 500 companies—on a wide variety of employment-based and family-based immigration matters.
She currently advises clients on employment-based temporary and permanent visa categories, family-based permanent residence applications and various U.S. citizenship applications.
Prior to joining Fragomen, Eda served as law clerk with Fragomen in 2012, and as a legal intern for the New York City Council as well as for the Honorable Justice Schack, Kings County Supreme Court. Her experience also includes working at a small immigration firm based in New York.
Eda is a volunteer for CUNY Citizenship Now, an organization providing free immigration law services at centers throughout New York City and at neighborhood events.
While in law school, Eda was affiliated with the Safe Passage Project, a division of the Justice Action Center that works with volunteer attorneys and students to provide representation to unaccompanied minors in the immigration process.
Eda speaks English, Albanian and Italian.
- New York Law School | J.D., 2013, cum laude
- City University of New York, Hunter College | B.A., 2009
Bar Admissions: New York, New Jersey
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Member, China General Chamber of Commerce
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
Rate : $$$$