Edgar J. Lewandowski is a Partner in Simpson Thacher’s Corporate Department, where he focuses on capital markets and corporate governance matters. Edgar has wide-ranging experience representing a variety of issuers, private equity sponsors and investment banks in a broad range of transactions, including IPOs and other equity offerings, spin-offs, and high yield and investment-grade debt offerings.
He also regularly advises boards of directors on general corporate and compliance matters. Edgar represents clients in numerous industries, including real estate, hospitality, healthcare, construction materials, information technology, manufacturing, energy, insurance, mining and shipping.
In 2017 Edgar was recognized as a “BTI Client Service All-Star,” an award based solely on unprompted feedback from corporate counsel at large and Fortune 1000 organizations who are asked to identify outside counsel attorneys who deliver the absolute best in client service.
Edgar’s recent experience includes representing:
- Gates Industrial Corporation plc in its $840 million IPO (2018)
- La Quinta Holdings Inc. on the spin-off of its real estate business, CorePoint Lodging Inc., as a publicly-traded real estate investment trust (REIT) and the sale of La Quinta’s remaining hotel and franchise business to Wyndham Worldwide (2018)
- Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. on the spin-off of the bulk of its real estate business, Park Hotels & Resorts Inc., as a publicly traded real estate investment trust (REIT), and the spin-off of its timeshare business, Hilton Grand Vacations Inc., as a separate publicly traded company (2017)
- Invitation Homes Inc. in its $1.8 billion IPO, the second largest in history by a U.S. REIT (2017)
- Blackstone in its successful exit of its investment in Hudson Pacific Properties, Inc. in dispositions of its equity interests resulting in over $2.0 billion in gross proceeds (2016-2017)
- Summit Materials, Inc. in its $460 million IPO (2015), $1.6 billion in primary and secondary equity offerings (2015-2017) and $1.8 billion in high yield financings (2012-2017)
- Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. in its $2.7 billion IPO (2013), $16.6 billion in secondary equity offerings (2014-2018) and $4.5 billion in high yield financings (2013-2018)
- Blackstone Mortgage Trust, Inc. in its $660 million “re IPO” and new investment program (2013), over $2.2 billion in follow-on equity offerings (2013-2017) and acquisition of a $4.9 billion portfolio of commercial mortgage loans (2015)
- CNO Financial Group, Inc. in connection with a $1 billion recapitalization transaction (2012)
Edgar has also represented major investment banking firms, including Barclays, BofA Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan, Morgan Stanley and UBS. Edgar received his J.D. from New York University School of Law in 2003 and his B.A., magna cum laude, from Columbia University in 2000. He is admitted to practice in New York, Colorado and Utah.
- New York University School of Law, 2003 J.D.
- Thomas Stoddard Award
- Columbia University, 2000 B.A.
- magna cum laude
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Utah Bar Association
- New York 2004
- Colorado 2010
- Utah 2011
Rate : $$$