Edgar G. Rapoport is a former general counsel who brings an insider’s view and broad experience to his corporate practice. He regularly guides clients through a range of transactional matters, including entity formation, corporate governance, customer and vendor agreements, regulatory compliance, financing, acquisitions, and the sale or lease of real estate.
Edgar is also an experienced commercial litigator and trial lawyer. He has successfully defended claims made against businesses that alleged breach of contract, employment discrimination and vicarious liability.
In his corporate practice, Edgar strives to negotiate and draft defensible contracts to reduce the risk of litigation for his clients. Edgar is uniquely able to understand his clients’ needs because he walked in their shoes.
Before joining Cozen O’Connor, Edgar served as general counsel of a large taxicab company in Chicago, where he personally handled the gamut of legal matters and oversaw the work of outside counsel. Having learned the day-to-day challenges of a business first-hand, Edgar is prepared to deliver the services his clients need and expect from their outside counsel.
- Represented Universal Hospital Services, Inc. in its acquisition of Radiographic Equipment Services, Inc., a leader in medical imaging solutions.
- Represented a furniture industry client in connection with obtaining senior debt financing totaling $22.5 million in senior debt. This transaction drew upon the experience of our corporate, intellectual property, and real estate attorneys.
- Represented Spell Capital Partners, LLC and its portfolio company, Viking Plastics, in connection with its acquisition of Kentucky Manufacturing & Technology, LLC, a Louisville, Kentucky-based manufacturer of high-precision, custom injection molded products.
- Represented Spell Capital Partners, LLC in its acquisition of Viking Plastics, a leading manufacturer of tight-tolerance proprietary and custom injection molded products and assemblies for the automotive, HVAC, and industrial markets.
- Represented NewSpring Capital in connection with a co-investment, along with Revolution Growth and Comcast Ventures, of $56 million in Interactions, LLC, a leader in speech and natural language technology solutions.
- Won a directed verdict in a case tried in Illinois state court in which the state attorney general brought a claim against the client after an independent contractor claimed to have performed uncompensated sales work.
- Represented the owner of a managing general underwriter in its acquisition of a managing general agency in the property and casualty insurance space.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2008
- Wisconsin School of Business, University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.B.A., 2002
BAR ADMISSIONS : Minnesota; Illinois
Rate : $$$