Edgel (Ed) Lester has handled numerous types of commercial and real estate transactions, and regularly represents clients in connection with mortgage and asset-based loans, real estate and equipment sales, leases, acquisitions, loan workouts, settlement agreements, purchases, sales of stock and other equity interests, loan securitizations, synthetic leases, and timeshare receivables financing.
Ed is a Fellow of the American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers and is past Chair of the Real Estate Financing Subcommittee of the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association.
He has taught secured transactions at Stetson University College of Law and participated in numerous programs relating to his practice areas. He also serves as a title agent for most of the title companies that write policies in the State of Florida. Ed speaks regularly on topics relating to finance and legal ethics.
- University of Kentucky College of Law (J.D., 1982)
- Middle Tennessee State University (M.A., 1975)
- Vanderbilt University (B.A., 1972)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Westshore Alliance
- Board of Regents, American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers
- Association of Commercial Finance Attorneys
- American Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Commercial Financial Services Committee, Real Estate
- Finance Subcommittee, former chair
- Rotary Club International
- H.B. Plant Museum, Board of Trustees
- University of Tampa
- Former Chairman, Board of Counselors
- Former Member, Board of Trustees
- Member, Board of Directors, Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce
Rate : $$$$