Edmund (“Ed”) Henry, III is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Construction Litigation Practice Group. He has nearly 40 years of experience helping to protect his client’s U.S. and international businesses in a wide variety of contract disputes, business torts and products liability matters spanning several industries, including aviation, pharmaceutical and real estate.
He represents his clients at the state and federal levels as well as in appellate and arbitration matters, including the American Arbitration Association, JAMMS, and the London Court of International Arbitration.
Ed represents contractors, design and engineering professionals, and developers in various matters, including defending contractor in a hurricane-related building collapse and advising a luxury hotel in a successful malpractice suit against an architectural firm. He also prosecutes and defends claims on behalf of owners, developers and condominium associations.
Prior to joining the firm, Ed served as law clerk to the Honorable Bryan Simpson of the Fifth Circuit United States Court of Appeals and was a member of the University of Florida Law Review.
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 1975
- Law Review
- University of the South (Sewanee), B.A., English
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Member, Board of Trustees of the University of the South (Sewanee) (2008-2014)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Rate : $$$