Eduardo (Ed) M. Soto practices in the area of commercial real estate, commercial lending and transactional matters. He specializes in representing lending institutions in complex financing matters involving the acquisition and development of real property and with respect to the restructuring of existing loans.
He represents both private entities and municipalities in a wide range of real estate transactions. He has also successfully resolved numerous complex title issues and serves as an agent for several national title insurance companies.
Ed also has extensive experience in assisting clients with the development of affordable housing. Since 2008, he has advised municipal clients in the expenditure of over $40,000,000.00 in Federal grant funds for the acquisition, redevelopment and subsequent resale of real property. In this capacity, he assists clients in navigating complex regulatory matters and real estate issues.
He also advises client in general corporate matters including entity selection, operating agreements, and shareholder agreements. In addition, he has earned a master of laws in taxation and frequently advises clients in structuring transactions to minimize Federal, State, and local tax liability.
- University of Miami School of Law, LLM (Taxation), 2003
- University of Tennessee College of Law, JD, 2002
- University of Florida, BA, 1999
- Cuban American Bar Association (CABA)
- Dade County Bar Association, Real Property Committee
- Latin Builders Association (LBA)
- JA Young Professionals Board
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate and Tax Sections
Rate : $$$$