Edward McMerty focuses his practice on representing clients in regard to real estate, finance and commercial lending matters. He has managed the purchase and sale of commercial properties, served as real estate general counsel, managed mortgage loans and represented client-lenders and client-borrowers in numerous secured credit facilities, as well as represented landlords and tenants with respect to commercial leasing transactions.
Previously working as an associate in one of the world’s top 100 law firms since graduating from law school, Edward has spent the past 10 years representing clients in a wide variety of real estate transactions, purchase and sales agreements, investment matters, financial restructuring and leasing transactions. Edward has also worked substantially during his career on transactional work arising from bankruptcy cases, including Section 363 real estate sale agreements and debtor-in-possession financing transactions.
- Widener University School of Law, J.D., 1998, magna cum laude
- The Pennsylvania State University, M.A., 1994, magna cum laude, American Studies
- Villanova University, B.A., 1987, cum laude, Business Administration and Finance
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
Rate : $$$