Edward C. Chen is an associate in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and is a member of the General Liability Practice. Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Mr. Chen practiced business and intellectual property litigation, which included the representation of a patent-holder and inventor against various global medical companies regarding the method and use of femtosecond lasers in LASIK and eye cataract surgery.
During this time, Mr. Chen conducted factual investigation, written discovery, drafted pleadings, ex parte applications, motions and oppositions, appeared and presented oral argument for hearings at the motions in limine and motions for summary judgment phase, and defended several depositions of expert witnesses, including an expert on patent infringement damages and an expert ophthalmic surgeon engaged in the use of femtosecond lasers to perform various laser eye surgeries.
- Chapman University, Dale E. Fowler School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2016
- University of California, Irvine, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, 2013
- University of California, Irvine, Bachelor of Arts in History, 2013
- State Bar Admissions, California
- United States District Courts, United States District Court for the Central District of California
Rate : $$$$