Edward D. Barnes is Founder & President of Barnes & Diehl, P.C., with a tradition of experience and devotion to Family Law. In 2008, he received the Virginia State Bar Family Law Section, Lifetime Achievement Award.
He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (Chicago). He is listed in Best Lawyers in America, and has been Virginia Legal Elite list published by Virginia Business Magazine.
- University of Richmond School of Law
- East Carolina University, Greenville, NC
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Officer Candidate School, Fort Belvoir – 1967
- “Virginia Law and Practice: A Handbook For Attorneys,” (Chapter on Domestic Relations) Edward D. Barnes , Fellows of the Virginia Law Foundation (2014)
- “The Spousal Support Case Every Family Law Practitioner Should Know: Is Gamble Dead?,” Edward Barnes, Virginia Bar Association News Journal, Vol. 35, No.4, (Winter, 2009)
- “Nemo Tenetur Seipsum Accusare, Comments on the Fifth Amendment and its Use in Family Law Cases,”, Virginia Lawyer (February, 2002)
- Adjunct Faculty, University of Richmond Law School
- Adjunct Faculty, J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- Annual Divorce Practice Seminar
- “Advanced Family Law Seminar,” Moderator, Virginia State Bar Association, Richmond & Norfolk, Virginia (2005-Present)
Rate : $$$