For over 30 years, Edward T. Ellis has defended employers in age, race, sex and disability lawsuits; whistleblower actions; and trade secret and non-compete matters. Ed has tried more than 40 cases to verdict before juries and has represented clients at hundreds of bench trials, arbitrations and administrative proceedings.
He also has extensive knowledge of common law wrongful discharge cases, as well as ERISA litigation. His comprehensive range of trial experience includes appearing before federal and state courts across the country, as well as handling, and winning, the first case tried in the federal court system on Court TV. He is the Co-Chair of Littler’s Whistleblower and Retaliation practice.
Prior to entering private practice in 1988, Ed spent five and a half years as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. There, he handled district court and appellate civil litigation involving the United States and its agencies with a concentration in : Labor matters, Employment discrimination cases, Government contract.
Ed also was a staff attorney with the United States Department of Labor Office of the Regional Solicitor in Philadelphia.
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1976
- B.A., University of Notre Dame, 1973
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Labor and Employment Section, American Bar Association
Rate : $$$