Edward Kluiters focuses primarily on assisting U.S. and foreign-owned businesses with locating, expanding, and operating in the U.S. Since the early 1990s, he has worked closely with state and local development authorities and governments in advising businesses and industries on various economic incentives, site acquisition, and financing, and addressing business, contract, and other issues as they arise.
He co-chairs the Firm’s Economic Development Program group. Mr. Kluiters also regularly represents lenders and borrowers in financing transactions and real estate matters.
Mr. Kluiters has represented many foreign clients including companies from Canada, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, and Korea.
- University of South Carolina School of Law, JD (1988)
- University of Leiden, The Netherlands (1986)
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- Represented a large multi-national U.S. based consumer goods manufacturer in securing necessary incentives and acquisition of real estate resulting in an investment of approximately $200 million and 300 jobs
- Assisted several traditional and online national and international retailers in establishing large distribution facilities in SC
- Assisted a national manufacturing company in relocating a portion of its manufacturing operations to South Carolina, securing incentives, NMTC financing, and refinancing of company’s existing U.S. debt
- Represented European company in set up of first manufacturing operation in S.C. and additional expansions
- South Carolina Bar, International Law Committee
- North Carolina State Bar
- Committee of 100, Board Member (2014-2017)
- South Carolina Economic Developers’ Association, Board Member (2010-2012)
Rate : $$$