Edward J. Hammond is a partner and transactional lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP. He focuses his practice in the area of commercial and industrial financing transactions, including energy and infrastructure project financing, syndicated bank loan transactions and institutional investment in long-term debt securities.
He is a member of the Finance & Financial Institutions Practice and Energy and Sports Industry Teams.
Education : Mr. Hammond received his bachelor’s degree, magna cum laude, from Yale University in 1978 and his J.D. degree from the University of Chicago in 1981.
Admissions : In addition to Wisconsin, Mr. Hammond also is admitted to practice in the state of Massachusetts.
Representative Matters :
- Foley represented Canadian Solar Inc., one of the world’s largest solar power companies in a $250 million loan agreement with China Minsheng Bank.
- Foley represented Canadian Solar Inc., one of the world’s largest solar power companies in a $250 million loan agreement with China Minsheng Bank, one of the largest private banks in China.
- Represented the Administrative Agent in a $175,000,000 syndicated amended and restated senior revolving credit facility for a financial services company in connection with the acquisition of the company and the addition of a $25,000,000 subordinated note facility.
- Represented the Lender in a $25,000,000 line of credit for a trucking and transportation company in connection with the company’s acquisition of a competitor, establishing one of the largest commercial truck dealership groups in the United States.
- Represented a plastics manufacturer in an acquisition financing consisting of $105,000,000 of senior credit facilities and a $25,000,000 subordinated note facility to finance the company’s acquisition of the automotive and industrial division of a multinational corporation with operations in Switzerland, Germany, Brazil, China, and the United States.
- Represented U.S. Bank N.A. as the sole lead arranger, sole bookrunner and administrative agent in a $125 million credit facility for a national developer and operator of senior assisted living facilities.
Rate : $$$