Edward Zulkey has been with Baker McKenzie for his entire career. After having been a litigator in the Chicago Office since 1973 and a partner since 1980, he became the Firm’s first general counsel in 1994. Ed is the author of Litigating Insurance Disputes, now in its 13th edition.
He serves as an adjunct professor of law at Northwestern University School of Law and is certified as an arbitrator and mediator by multiple arbitral bodies. Ed concentrates his practice on insurance, risk management issues, partnership law, employment disputes and professional liability.
He advises insurers, policyholders and self-insureds in managing their financial risk issues — often on a multijurisdictional basis. He also has significant experience in the analysis of professional liability issues as well as partnership and fiduciary disputes. He also serves as a mediator, arbitrator, expert witness and risk management consultant.
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D. Honors) (1973)
- Northwestern University (B.A.) (1970)
- U.S. Supreme Court~United States (1977)
- U.S. District Court~United States (1973)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit~United States (1973)
- Illinois~United States (1973)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- International Association of Defense Counsel – Prior Chair of various committees
- American Bar Association – Business Insurance and Litigation Sections
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers – Member
- American Arbitration Association – approved arbitrator (DePaul Univ. Center for Dispute Resolution Mediation and Arbitration Training)
- Circuit Court of Cook County Court Annexed Major Case Civil Mediation Program – Court-Certified Mediator
Rate : $$$