Edward J. Kabala is one of the most senior health care and corporate attorneys in Western and Central Pennsylvania, Eastern Ohio, and West Virginia. His practice focuses on : employee benefits, business succession, estate planning. Ed’s experience also includes :
- representing professional service organizations since before their acceptance by the Internal Revenue Service
- business and tax aspects of establishing medical practices and joint ventures
- representing physicians
- representing the Allegheny County Medical Society.
Ed is a frequent author and lecturer on mergers, tax, medical reimbursement issues, employee benefits, estate and succession planning and other subjects affecting business and professionals.
Ed has been a board member of KidsVoice, a program that provides legal aid for abused and neglected children, for 10 years and currently serves as President. He is active in fund-raising for the Muscular Dystrophy Association and numerous other causes.
Ed was a founder and board member of the Cancer Caring Network and Cancer Support Network and a founder and longtime counsel for Orchard Hill Church in Franklin Park, PA.
Ed is the sponsor of the Pennsylvania State University Kabala Family Rugby Hall (opened in 2008), and in 1988 was the first recipient of the PSU Rugby Club Outstanding alumni award. In 2002, Ed was featured in the cable series “Summerall Success Stories.”
- Duquesne University (J.D., 1970)
- Pennsylvania State University(B.S., 1964)
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Society of Medical Association Counsel
- Pennsylvania State University Mount Nittany Society
BOARD OF DIRECTORS : President, KidsVoice (Legal Aid for Children)
COURT ADMISSIONS : U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, U.S. Tax Court.
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania.
Rate : $$$$