Edward Martos assists private clients in a wide range of matters before local and regional governments. The heart of his practice involves private land development and zoning matters. In this regard, Edward offers his clients cradle-to-grave legal representation. Edward’s representation of clients often begins with pre-acquisition due diligence and extends through the permitting and legislative processes required to develop a property.
During project development, Edward continues to assist his clients in obtaining the licenses and permits that will be required to operate the property—such licenses and permits include conditional use permits and liquor licenses among others.
For existing projects seeking to renovate, redevelop or find new uses, Edward aids clients in obtaining necessary amendments to their existing approvals and licenses. Edward also defends the owners and operators of existing projects in connection with any code enforcement matters that may arise.
In addition to his land development and zoning matters, Edward also leverages his knowledge of local government processes to help clients in government procurement matters. Clients have looked to Edward to help finalize their initial bid responses to the initial invitation to bid, to ensure that their response complies with the basic requirements of the invitation, and to examine competitors’ responses for potential flaws and avenues of attack.
After their proposal has been filed, Edward represents clients’ interest through the various stages of the selection process. Where competitors attempt to drag successful proposers through the mud, or where politics interfere with the selection process, clients know Edward will roll up his sleeves and hold no punches.
Edward’s interest in land development and urban growth has inspired him to develop a concentration on environmental matters. In this regard, Edward’s representation extends through the life of a project—from pre-acquisition due diligence, to permitting, and through any enforcement matters that may arise.
- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law, 2008
- Articles Editor and Member, Journal of Law and Social Policy, 2006-2008
- Pritzker Legal Research Fellow, Fall 2006, Member, Latino Law Students Association
- President, Epicurean Society
- M.A., Public Administration, University of Miami, 2005
- Dean’s List, Recipient, Graduate Award for Excellence in Student Leadership
- B.A., Political Science, University of Miami, 2004
- Provost’s and Dean’s Lists
- Secretary and Founding Chapter Member, Pi Sigma Alpha National Political Science Honor Society
- Co-Founder and President, Council for Democracy
- Co-Founder and Executive Producer, “We, the Students,” a televised political talk show
- Member, National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Member, Cuban American Bar Association
- Member, Dade County Bar Association
- Member, Flagler Street Society (“Tropees”)
- Member, American Society for Public Administration Local Chapter
- Graduate, Leadership Miami, 2011-2012
Rate : $$$$