Edward A. Perron advises clients on legal issues arising in connection with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, strategic investments and the distribution of products in the U.S. Past and current Japanese clients include Sumitomo, Imagica Robot Holdings, Cool Japan Fund, Zensho, Hitachi Transport, Mitsubishi, Isuzu and Suntory.
He served as outside general counsel to more than 20 U.S. subsidiaries of Sanyo from 1987 until the completion of Sanyo’s acquisition by Panasonic in 2011.
Ed has advised numerous other corporations, including MP Biomedicals, Shapco, DirecTV, In-N-Out Burger, Textron, Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Xerox and Tesco.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented ICS International, a joint venture of Imagica Robot Holdings, Cool Japan Fund and Sumitomo, in the acquisition of SDI Media Group, a provider of dubbing, subtitling and media localization services.
- Represented MP Biomedicals Holdings LLC in the sale of its subsidiary MP Biomedicals LLC and 14 worldwide affiliates to a subsidiary of Valiant Co. Ltd., a China state-owned enterprise.
- Represented Shapco Inc. in the sale of subsidiary Kelly Pipe Co. LLC, a multi-national supplier of carbon steel pipe and fittings and related services, to JFE Shoji Trade America Inc.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1979
- B.A., Economics and East Asian Studies, Harvard College, 1975
ADMISSIONS : California, District of Columbia, New York
Rate : $$$$