Edward Philpot concentrates his practice in general commercial and business litigation, handling both commercial contract disputes and construction matters. His experience in construction involves litigation, claims analysis and risk management, and large-scale infrastructure programs and projects.
- Emory University School of Law, JD
- Duke University, MA, Economics
- Duke University, BS, Economics and Mathematics
Admissions : Florida
Clerkships : Law Clerk, The Honorable Cynthia C. Jackson, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Provided real time advice to the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority concerning project management and claims issues on projects with a cumulative contract value in excess of $200 million.
- Assisted the Authority with review and revision of portions of its construction specifications, and with preparing and implementing major technology procurements on the Authority’s South Terminal Program.
- Served as part of a peer review team to a major United States airport on its multi-billion-dollar public-private partnership project for an automated people mover system.
- Assisted St. Lucie County, Florida, with issues surrounding the negotiation of agreements for a New York Mets baseball stadium complex.
Mr. Philpot’s litigation experience ranges from construction defect defense, to prosecution and defense of large construction delay claims, to commercial matters, including the prosecution (and favorable settlement) of a public bid protest with an expected contract value in excess of $1 billion.
Rate : $$$