Based in the Washington, DC office, K. Edward Raleigh is a litigator and enforcement defense lawyer in Fragomen’s Government Strategies Group. Eddie’s practice focuses on corporate immigration enforcement defense, immigration litigation, immigration due diligence and white collar criminal immigration issues across the country.
His cases often center on complex matters at the intersection of U.S. immigration and criminal law, such as immigration fraud and money laundering.
Eddie represents companies facing immigration enforcement investigations by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), including Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
These engagements often include conducting internal investigations to determine whether a corporate client faces liability and to what extent.
In addition, Eddie works with individuals who have complex immigration issues often related to white collar criminal charges. He has experience partnering with clients’ criminal counsel to prevent and resolve immigration consequences.
His clients have included high net worth individuals who are denied U.S. immigration benefits and those whose applications require special attention due to complicating factors.
In some cases, Eddie has brought litigation against the U.S. and its agencies to obtain favorable immigration outcomes for his clients.
Eddie also leads a team of auditors with whom he conducts proactive immigration audits and due diligence investigations. These engagements have included Form I-9 and compliance audits for various immigration statuses, including H-1B, L, B and F/OPT.
Eddie partners with corporate attorneys to perform immigration due diligence work prior to a merger or acquisition.
Before joining Fragomen, Eddie was an Associate at an Am Law 100 firm and a boutique white collar defense firm. During law school, Eddie served as a Student Attorney at the Georgetown Law Criminal Justice Clinic and a Legal Intern at the New York County District Attorney’s Office.
Eddie has represented many companies and high net worth individuals in litigation and investigations, including multinational corporations, government contractors, C-Suite executives, accountants, banks, doctors and entertainers.
In addition to his substantial litigation experience, Eddie has conducted internal investigations and represented companies accused of:
- Violating Labor Condition Application (LCA) attestations and other DOL H-1B regulations
- Employing unauthorized workers
- Failing to properly use the employment authorization verification system (Form I-9 violations)
- Immigration fraud, smuggling and harboring
- Violating other immigration, criminal, civil and administrative laws
- Civil and criminal False Claims Act violations
- Violating U.S. securities laws, including Securities and Exchange Commission regulations
- Georgetown University Law Center | J.D., 2011, cum laude
- Washington College | B.A., 2008, cum laude
Bar Admissions: District of Columbia; Pennsylvania
Court Admissions: U.S. Court of Appeals, Armed Forces; U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit and Third Circuit; U.S. Court of Federal Claims; U.S. District Court, District of Columbia, Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania
- Member, American Bar Association, Criminal Justice Section
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Rate : $$$