Mr. Edward F. Schiff is a member in both the Corporate and Finance and Bankruptcy Practice Groups in the Washington, D.C. office. Mr. Schiff is one of two original partners who led during the opening of the Washington, D.C. office and he served as the Managing Partner of the office for its initial 10 years. Mr. Schiff is a highly experienced, innovative business attorney who has been in practice for over forty years.
He assists both publicly and privately held companies structure, negotiate and manage complex corporate, finance and real estate transactions in many diverse industries; advises entrepreneurs and investors on raising and investing capital; and aids in the development of creative and effective financing techniques for project development opportunities.
Mr. Schiff handles acquisitions and divestitures, equity and debt structurings, leveraged buy-outs, joint ventures and strategic partnerships for clients ranging from emerging business enterprises and well established entities to venture capital firms and institutional lenders.
- J.D., Washington and Lee University, 1969, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Law Review (Editor-in-Chief)
- B.A., Pennsylvania State University, 1966; Skull & Bones Honor Society and recipient of Outstanding Senior Award
- Represented group of foreign-based Shareholders in their successful action to gain operational control of US based “pink-sheet” company.
- Represented group of real estate brokers in their negotiations to withdraw from a national real estate brokerage company and join another national company.
- Represented a financial institution (Wealth Management Operation) in the negotiation and resetting of Ground Rent for major parcel of real estate in Washington, DC.
- Represented a solar energy company in its corporate restructuring with its PE investors and its negotiation with a public utility for a joint venture to market and implement solar energy products.
- Represented a government contractor in connection with the sale of its operations to a PE strategic buyer in the healthcare industry together with the employment of its officers by the new company.
- Represented private company in negotiation and implementation of solar energy project involving installation of roof top solar panels.
- Represented foreign corporation in obtaining financing from export-import bank of the United States in connection with the construction of cellular towers utilizing solar panels in India.
- Represented a private sponsor in the acquisition and financing of multi-state service stations to provide market outlet for ethanol and bio diesel products.
- Represented Government Contractor in response to RFP in multi-state consolidation and relocation of Corporate Headquarters.
- Underwriter’s counsel in the preparation and filing of an S-1 with the SEC of a Special Purpose Acquisition Corporation (“SPAC”) designed to take advantage of the growing energy market in China.
- Represented a wealth management company in its sale and subsequent redemption of its membership interests from an institutional buyer followed by the restructuring of its operating agreement to provide incentive ownership for asset managers.
- Represented private sponsor in the permitting and acquisition of alternative fuel projects involving spent food by-products and assisted in creating public/private partnership.
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Virginia Bar Association
- Member, Maryland Bar Association
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
Rate : $$$