Edward (Ed) Gerecke is a litigator with more than 30 years’ experience defending product manufacturers. He focuses on prescription drug and medical device defense and has been a leader in developing industry-specific defenses such as preemption and expert exclusion.
From the start of a matter, Ed takes a tactical approach, working with clients to formulate and achieve their litigation plan consistent with overall business goals. He is an efficient, effective problem-solver who clearly communicates the information clients need to make decisions that advance their strategy.
He is adept at prioritizing and planning to achieve maximum efficiencies, whether through resolution in court or by settlement. Ed is certified as a Circuit Civil Mediator by the Florida Supreme Court. Ed is the firm’s pharmaceutical and medical device industry group leader.
- Indiana University School of Law (J.D., with honors, 1981)
- Purdue University (B.S., with distinction, 1978)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- President, Tampa Bay Chapter (2012)
- Defense Research Institute
- Drug & Medical Device Committee, Steering Committee (1992-present)
- Product Liability Advisory Council
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- 38th Annual Trial Academy Faculty (2010)
- Thirteenth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission (2008-2012)
- Chair (2011-2012)
Rate : $$$