Edward M. Weisz practices in all areas of intellectual property law, most recently focusing his work on U.S. patent and trademark prosecution, counseling, and licensing.
Edward renders legal opinions and advises clients on infringement, freedom to operate, and validity issues in the electrical, mechanical, and business method arts concerning the following technologies: medical devices, communications systems, home furnishings, components and telephony (optical and mobile communications) systems, analog and digital circuitry, microelectronics and semiconductor device design, optic and laser technologies (including amplification and optical routing), teleconferencing systems, RF amplification, spectroscopy, software and DSP systems, thermal dissipation devices, consumer products, and manufacturing processes.
A substantial portion of Edward’s practice is devoted to trademark and copyright matters. He represents and assists clients in all aspects of securing trademark and copyright protection, in litigation, and in the enforcement and licensing of trademarks and copyrights.
He has represented clients in pretrial proceedings and in oral and written arguments before federal courts and before examiners and various tribunals of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and other U.S. government agencies.
Edward earned his undergraduate degree from Rutgers University, College of Engineering in 1987 and his law degree from New York Law School in 1991.
- Prosecution of U.S. and foreign patents on printer cartridge technology; counseling on patentability and freedom to operate issues regarding same.
- Prosecution of U.S. and foreign patents on LCD panels technology; counseling on patentability and freedom to operate issues regarding same.
- Prosecution of U.S. and foreign patents on point-of-purchase display technology; counseling on patentability and freedom to operate issues regarding same.
- Served as counsel to a well-known manufacturer of tabletop goods in connection with copyright assertion and defense.
- New York Law School, J.D., 1991
- Rutgers College, B.S.E.E., 1987
BAR ADMISSIONS :
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court — New Jersey
- U.S. District Court — Southern District of New York
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
Rate : $$$