W. Edwards Muñiz focuses on defending products liability and complex tort cases as well as general commercial litigation, reverse mortgage litigation, consumer protection issues and disputes in bankruptcy court.
Edwards has served on more than a dozen trial teams for multimillion dollar lawsuits tried in both state and federal courts. He recovered a half million dollars for a foreign exchange trading platform in a breach of contract case and secured a six-figure settlement in a case that he took pro bono.
Experienced in all phases of pretrial litigation and trial support, Edwards handles cases from the initial pleading stage through discovery to trial.
He has managed case teams, argued pre-trial hearings, drafted trial plans and taken scores of depositions, including depositions of parties, experts, treating physicians and fact witnesses.
Edwards also serves on Shook’s Search Committee and runs the Tampa office’s summer associate program.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Florida Fredric G. Levin College of Law, 2006
- Campbell Thornal Moot Court Team – Chicago Bar Association Competition
- B.A., Wake Forest University, 2003 (Economics)
- Omicron Delta Epsilon International Economics Honor Society
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida
Rate : $$$$