Einat Meisel is Head of O’Melveny’s Israel Practice and a recognized leader in cross-border corporate and transactional matters involving Israel. She advises international clients on their investments and operations in Israel, as well as Israel-based clients on their cross-border growth, financing, and transactional matters.
Her clients include seed-stage emerging growth companies as well as mature global companies in diverse technology sectors, including security, mobile, gaming, cloud, software, media, social, and life sciences.
Einat understands the legal, cultural and business nuances of Israel related transactions and is able to support and navigate on all aspects of complex, cross-border transactions.
She advises clients on venture capital financings, business combination transactions, public offerings and private placements, spin-outs, recapitalizations, and joint ventures and strategic alliances.
She also handles formation, founder-related matters, seed investments, and venture capital financings for early-stage companies with a US presence and operations in Israel, and continues to represent these companies in various matters including later stage financings, strategic transactions and corporate governance matters as they mature into large global entities. In addition, Einat represents global acquirers in their investments and acquisitions of Israel related targets.
Einat is a member of the bars of both California and Israel and, prior to joining O’Melveny, she spent 15 years practicing with a top tier Israeli firm in Tel Aviv, serving as a member of that firm’s Executive Committee and Head of its Cross-Border Practice.
She also served as in-house counsel for Influence, Inc., a medical device company founded by Israeli entrepreneurs, which was acquired by American Medical Systems.
Before moving to Israel Einat spent 10 years practicing in California, where she was a founding member and the first Executive Director of the California-Israel Chamber of Commerce, a nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening business and trade relations between California and Israel.
As a result of Einat’s on the ground experience in California and Israel, she has built a thriving cross-border practice and solid reputation as a legal advisor to companies straddling the California-Israel technology ecosystems.
- Represented Amazon.com in its acquisition of Annapurna Labs. Ltd.; and establishing an R&D center in Israel
- Represented Dome9 in corporate and growth counseling, including Series C equity financing led by Softbank; and its sale to Check Point
- Represented Yahoo! in its acquisitions of Clarity Ray Solutions Ltd., Dapper Inc., Foxytunes Ltd., RayV Technologies Ltd.; and establishing an R&D center in Israel
- Represented Syneron Medical Ltd. in its acquisitions of Candela Corporation, CoolTouch Inc., and UltraShape Ltd.; in the sale of its subsidiary, Light Instruments Ltd., to a large Chinese conglomerate; and in the creation of Illuminage Beauty, a joint venture with Unilever; and in its NASDAQ initial public offering
- Represented Autodesk in its acquisition of ForEach Ltd.
- Represented Pixim Inc. it is acquisition of Advasense Ltd. and its sale to Sony Electronics
- Chicago Kent College of Law, J.D., 1992
- Indiana University, B.A., Business Administration, 1989
Rate : $$$