Elaine W. Keyser is an experienced litigator who advises and represents employers in a broad range of employment law matters, including federal and state court litigation, arbitrations, and appeals.
She regularly litigates employment claims arising under federal and state law, including: Employee Leave and Reasonable Accommodations, Discrimination, Wage and hour disputes, Harassment, Retaliation.
In addition to her litigation practice, Elaine has broad experience defending administrative charges before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and state and local administrative agencies.
Elaine’s extensive litigation skills provide the foundation for her practical compliance counseling. She proactively partners with clients to provide advice on a host of employment and personnel matters, including strategically managing complex leave and accommodation issues, employee performance management and coaching, and employee terminations. She prepares workplace policies and employee handbooks, executive agreements, and separation agreements.
A dynamic and engaging public speaker, Elaine frequently conducts in-house training sessions on a variety of employment issues, throughout all levels of the employer’s organization. She regularly presents on an array of employment topics to employer and industry groups.
Elaine has secured dismissals through dispositive motions and prevailed in numerous state and federal courts on a variety of claims including:
- Securing a defense summary judgment – affirmed by the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, petition for certiorari denied – on a case of first impression involving the “manager’s rule”
- Obtaining defense summary judgment in a case involving the termination of a store manager during a highly-publicized union organizing campaign
- Successfully defending a client during a U.S. Department of Labor – Wage Hour Division audit pertaining to an overtime exemption affecting operations company-wide.
- J.D., University of Texas, Austin, 2005,
- M.A., Tulane University, 2002
- B.A., Tulane University, 2001
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Oklahoma
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Labor and Employment Section, Florida Bar
- Member, Dade County Bar Association
- Member, Junior League of Miami
- Member, Make-A-Wish South Florida Women’s Initiative Group
Rate : $$$$