Elaine B. Murphy is head of the firm’s tax & benefits department. She advises a wide range of clients including institutional and global investors, fund sponsors and advisers, and multinational companies on international and U.S. tax matters related to their structuring, operation, investment activities, joint ventures and transactions.
- JD, Cornell Law School, 1998; Symposium Editor, Cornell Law Review
- LLM (International and Comparative Law), Cornell Law School, 1998
- AB, Harvard College, 1995
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, 1998
CLERKSHIPS : Honorable Donald G. Alexander, Supreme Judicial Court of Maine
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS :
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- International Fiscal Association
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITIES :
- Member of BBA Tax Section Steering Committee
- Former Co-Chair of the BBA International Tax Committee
- Frequent speaker at tax conferences, including FRA Private Investment Funds Tax seminars, IIR Private Equity Tax & Compliance Practices conferences, IFA New England meeting
- Represented BV Investment Partners, a middle-market private equity firm, in its sale of Butterfield Fulcrum to Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation.
- Represented Altamont Capital in its AUD$395 million financing of Billabong.
- Advises clients on cross-border acquisitions and dispositions, global expansion structuring, and cross-border financing arrangements.
- Working with institutional and independent sponsors to structure and launch global private equity, hedge and investment funds.
- Advises clients on international tax compliance matters including withholding tax and reporting issues.
Rate : $$$