Eleanor Chote Jewart “Cacki” is a skilled and trusted advocate, partnering with clients to achieve their goals. She creatively solves problems as they arise, anticipates issues and prepares well to avoid last-minute surprises. A strong communicator, Cacki leads a multidisciplinary team and has years of experience managing projects large and small.
Cacki focuses on the renewable energy industry and has practiced real estate law for almost 20 years. In the renewable energy context, she leads teams in project development and project investment. Cacki has closed more than 2,500 MW worth of projects for sponsor/developers and more than 1,500 MW worth of projects for tax equity investors and lenders.
She and her team handle early, mid-stage and late-stage projects, including construction and post-construction asset management, with a particular focus on real estate, environmental, regulatory, and state and local tax matters.
She advises on all types of financing documents for developers and investors and negotiates leases, easements, surface use agreements, shared facilities agreements, build-out agreements, management agreements, construction contracts, purchase and sale contracts, and loan documents. Cacki is the leader of the Renewable Energy team and serves on the firm’s Executive Board.
- Advised renewables development company on development and financing of what will be largest solar project in Texas – 315 MWdc in Winkler County.
- Counseled renewable energy development company on development and financing of wind energy project near Texas/Mexico border – 237 MW.
- Advised European infrastructure fund on development and construction of first phase of wind energy project in Glasscock County, Texas.
- Represented European infrastructure fund in development of wind energy project in Southwest Power Pool (SPP) – Bailey and Lamb counties.
- Advised renewable energy operator on real estate, regulatory and environmental matters in connection with repower of three phases of wind projects near Sweetwater Texas.
- Represented Chinese-owned renewable energy developer in early-stage land control, surface use negotiations, title and survey matters for solar project in Pecos County, Texas
- Counseled two national investors on Texas real estate issues for $225 million wind energy tax equity investment.
- Advised local real estate developers on purchase and sale of multifamily, industrial, office, retail and raw land properties in the $5 million to $80 million range.
- Advised physicians, physicians groups, physical therapists and home health agencies on purchase and development of medical office buildings, leases, subleases, construction contracts and related real estate transactions.
- Guided national real estate firm in acquisition, leasing, sale and development of commercial real estate properties, including multifamily and office projects in the $10 million to $20 million range.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
- B.A., College of William and Mary
Admissions : Texas, New York
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- Austin Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) — Board of Directors, 2011-2017; Austin Chapter, President 2016
- Texas Renewable Energy Industries Alliance
- Real Estate Council of Austin, Board of Directors, 2013
Rate : $$$$