Elena S. Polovnikova focuses her practice on patent prosecution and counseling. Prior to joining the firm, Dr. Polovnikova conducted research in protein chemistry, biophysics, neurobiology, mammalian signal transduction, enzymology, and structural biology. She was trained in protein x-ray crystallography at Purdue University Markee Structure Group, and worked as a research scientist at Georgia Tech Research Institute. Dr. Polovnikova also has research experience in molecular biology, yeast genetics, microbiology, immunochemistry, and biosensors.
- Represents Children’s Medical Center Corporation, which is affiliated with Harvard University, and have prepared and prosecuted to issuance numerous patent applications relating to antiangiogenic proteins, nucleic acid molecules and pharmaceuticals for the treatment of cancer and other angiogenic diseases. For example, patents were granted on Endostatin and Angiostatin, which are protein biopharmaceuticals discovered in the laboratories of the late Judah Folkman, who hypothesized that cancer can be effectively treated by inhibiting neovascularization.
- Represents Vanderbilt University in U.S. and international (China, Australia and European Patent Office) patent prosecutions in the area of methods of cancer treatment, biologically-derived compounds having anti-cancer, anti-angiogenic and other valuable pharmacological activities, anti-cancer vaccines and antibodies.
- Represent the U.K. Ministry of Defence (MOD), which is responsible for the military and homeland security functions of the United Kingdom, and have prosecuted patent applications for aerospace, defense, biotechnology and chemical technologies. Also represents the technology transfer company affiliated with the MOD whose mission is to commercialize technologies having non-military applications.
- Represents Bioniche Life Sciences Inc., a pharmaceutical manufacturer, on intellectual property issues including design and implementation of global patent strategy, preparing and prosecuting patent applications and assisting in IP due diligence.
- Georgia State University, College of Law, J.D. (2009)
- Purdue University, Ph.D., Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (2000)
- Lomonosov Moscow State University, M.S., Biochemistry (1993)
- Lomonosov Moscow State University, B.S., Biochemistry (1993)
- Georgia (2011)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (2002)
Rate : $$$$