Eli G. Hunt is a Partner in the Firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Practice and a member of the Firm’s Energy and Infrastructure Group. Eli represents public and private companies, including private equity funds and strategic investors, in connection with mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, reorganizations and other general corporate matters.
He has represented U.S. and non-U.S. companies in a wide range of industries and sectors, including energy, oil and gas, infrastructure, manufacturing, retail, technology, healthcare and services.
Eli’s experience prior to Simpson Thacher includes representing:
- Siemens AG in multiple transactions, including its acquisitions of Mentor Graphics for approximately US$4.5 billion and Dresser-Rand for approximately US$7.6 billion, its US$970 million acquisition of CD-adapco, the sale of its water technologies group to AEA for €640 million, and its approximately €120 million investment in Bentley Systems
- Multiple clients, including First Reserve, BlackRock, D.E. Shaw, Carlyle Power, Terra-Gen and others, in various transactions involving the purchase and sale of power projects
- OnyxPoint Global Management LP in its investment and recapitalization of Sable Permian Resources LLC, together with Sable Management, LLC and The Energy & Minerals Group
- BC Partners in the $2.8 billion acquisition of CenturyLink’s data center and colocation business in combination with Medina Capital’s security and data analytics portfolio
- Consolidated Edison in the formation of an approximately $2 billion joint venture with Crestwood Equity Partners
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation in its acquisition of substantially all of SandRidge Energy, Inc.’s Piñon field exploration and production and midstream assets
- Safeway in its $9 billion sale to Albertsons
- The Independent Committee of Brookfield Renewable Power Fund in its US$13 billion combination with the power generating assets of Brookfield Renewable Power Inc., to create Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners L.P.
- Catterton in the formation with LVMH and Group Arnault of L Catterton, a global consumer-focused investment fund operating across North America, Europe, Asia and Latin America with assets under management of greater than US$12 billion
- Aquiline Capital Partners in multiple transactions, including the acquisition of Worley Claims Services and Engs Commercial Finance, as well as Aquiline’s investment in Virtus Partners and in the sale of Conning Holdings Corp. to Cathay Life Insurance Co, Ltd
Eli received his J.D. from the New York University School of Law and his B.A. from the University of Rochester. He is admitted to practice in New York.
- Columbia Law School, 2002 J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, 1997 B.A.
Admissions : New York 2003
Rate : $$$$