Elias D. Trahanas focuses his practice on white collar defense and corporate investigations, securities litigation and regulatory enforcement, and commercial litigation. He efficiently masters complicated facts and provides careful, thorough analysis aimed at obtaining the best solution for each of his clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Elias served as a federal judicial law clerk to the Honorable Nicholas Tsoucalas at the United States Court of International Trade.
- Involved in representing Irving H. Picard, Securities Investor Protection Act (SIPA) Trustee for the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC, in connection with BakerHostetler’s role as court-appointed counsel.
- Represents corporations and individuals in internal investigations and investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and other government entities relating to allegations of securities fraud and accounting violations.
- Conducted an internal investigation of a Fortune 100 company in connection with alleged criminal antitrust violations.
- Represented numerous foreign claimants in the largest civil forfeiture action brought by the U.S. Department of Justice’s Kleptocracy Asset Recovery Initiative involving alleged corruption and embezzlement by the former Nigerian president, his family and associates.
- Member of a team that obtained complete dismissal of all charges against the CEO of a nationwide commercial real estate conglomerate charged in a 73-count fraud and money laundering indictment.
- J.D., New York Law School, 2013
- B.A., International Relations, Boston University, 2010
Admissions : New York
Rate : $$$