Eliot Steven Jubelirer is a senior partner and long-time trial lawyer who represents parties in complex and often sensitive dispute requiring the experience and credibility to try jury cases and arbitrations or to settle cases and to know when to do each.
Over the course of more than 40 years in practice, Eliot has represented a variety of companies and law firms in state and federal trial and appellate courts.
Eliot’s practice is eclectic and varied. It includes:
- Representing continuously for over 35 years, the same company in asbestos related personal injury and property damage litigation throughout the western United States. The representation has included finding and working with medical and state-of- the-art experts, monitoring medical literature, trials, arbitrations and appeals, and settling thousands of cases. He was also liaison counsel for the Asbestos Claims Facility, representing over a dozen insulation product manufacturers in northern California and counsel for the Fibreboard Interim Committee, representing the company in numerous arbitrations throughout the western United States.
- Representing general contractors and developers in complicated construction delay and defect cases, including cases involving the construction of a Corps of Engineers medical center; construction of the San Jose, California convention center, which was the subject of a feature in the American Bar Association Journal; construction and repair of numerous single family housing projects; land subsidence cases; cases involving building wall and vapor barrier construction; mold cases; and cases involving saline intrusion into concrete, steel reinforced foundations.
- Representing a national express delivery company in a series of consumer class actions in California, Minnesota, Tennessee, Indiana and New York involving its contracts of carriage, federal transportation excise taxes, and the Federal Airline Deregulation Act.
- Representing a debtor in possession against its former parent company seeking recovery of dividends taken by the parent as part of a leveraged buyout and obtaining recovery of over $550 million.
- Representing a major manufacturer of consumer electronics in products liability cases alleging personal injuries and property damages.
- University of California – Berkeley – School of Law, J.D., 1974
- University of Wisconsin – Madison, B.A., 1971
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- American Board of Trial Advocates, San Francisco Chapter
CIVIC AND CHARITABLE MEMBERSHIPS:
- University of Wisconsin Political Science Department Board of Visitors, Member
Rate : $$$