Elizabeth McNamara has more than 30 years of litigation and counseling experience in media and intellectual property law, representing publishers (books, magazines, newspapers, and websites), television and radio broadcasters, cable companies, and motion picture producers and distributors.
Her litigation practice includes all areas of sophisticated IP, media and entertainment litigation at the trial and appellate level of federal and state courts, in such areas as libel, privacy, copyright, trademark, prior restraint, and reporter’s shield laws.
Liz’s clients include: Associated Press, Bauer Publishing, Cablevision, CBS, CNN, Conde Nast, Financial Times, Hachette Book Group, Macmillan, MTV Networks, NBC, Random House, Sesame Workshop, Showtime, Simon & Schuster, Time Inc., and Wenner Media.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Former Chair, Committee on Communications and Media Law, New York City Bar Association
- Former East Coast Representative, Forum on Communications Law
- Communications and Entertainment Committee, New York State Bar Association
- Lawyers Committee, Association of American Publishers
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law, 1981
- B.A., University of Wisconsin, 1975
Rate : $$$$