Elizabeth K. Babson represents public and private clients in a variety of corporate and securities matters, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, venture investing, corporate governance, ongoing compliance with federal securities laws and general business counseling.
In particular, Lizzie has counseled both venture capital and startup clients on financing transactions in both the emerging company and middle markets. Lizzie is recognized for her involvement in social enterprise and impact finance law, and has written extensively on legal and regulatory issues relating to social enterprise legal forms.
Lizzie participated in the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws (NCCUSL) project to harmonize various uniform entity acts and is a contributing author for the Corporate Attorney’s Practice Guide and the Bloomberg BNA Corporate Practice Series: Benefit Corporations. Lizzie has served as a member of the firm’s Women’s Leadership Committee, Associates Committee, and Summer Associate Committee.
- Represented several issuers, including a lifestyle merchandising company and bank holding company, in SEC reporting obligations, including drafting and reviewing periodic reports and corporate governance matters.
- Represented a privately-held manufacturer of household appliances in its $90 million acquisition of a power cell company.
- Represented U.S.-based consulting firm in $220 million sale to an international-based strategic buyer.
- Represented Comcast in its strategic acquisition of This Technology, Inc., a dynamic ad insertion and alternative content delivery company.
- Represented Covance in its sale of the assets of Covance Genomics Laboratory LLC to Laboratory Corporation of America.
- Represented the venture arm of a Fortune 50 company in connection with a $17 million convertible preferred stock investment in Healthcare IT company.
- Represented start-up companies with respect to entity formation and venture capital raising initiatives.
- Represented fair-trade soccer ball company with benefit corporation conversion, early stage financings and general corporate matters.
- Represented a public energy company and a public communications company, advising on Pennsylvania Business Corporation law with respect to corporate organization and contract interpretation matters.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2009, cum laude, Temple Law Review
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2004, cum laude
Bar Admissions : New Jersey, Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$