Elizabeth S. Baker brings decades of experience to her practice, which focuses exclusively on family law at the trial and appellate levels. Many of Liz’s cases have involved high net worth individuals, celebrities, sports figures, judges, politicians and other high profile people who value confidentiality and maintaining their privacy.
Because of the knowledge and depth of understanding she possesses, Liz’s clients are assured—and grateful—they are working with someone who not only has their best interests in mind, but finds satisfaction in helping them overcome their negative situations so that they can go on to happier, more successful lives.
Liz has tried many complex family law cases, including: equitable distribution cases in which assets like family businesses are valued and divided; custody and timesharing matters; and countless alimony and child support matters.
She has also prosecuted and defended countless domestic violence cases, served as a guardian ad litem for children in high conflict custody battles and drafted numerous premarital and postnuptial agreements.
In addition, Liz has contributed greatly to the advancement of the Family Law Bars through her participation in professional and bar activities, advocacy of legislative reforms, years of lecturers and publications, as well as the appellate decisions in her cases and her volunteer efforts on behalf of children and battered spouses.
Liz has been a Florida Board Certified Marital and Family Lawyer for over 25 years. Prior to joining Hinshaw, she was a partner at a Miami-based firm.
Professional Affiliations :
- American Bar Association, -Family Law Section
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Dade County Bar Association
- University of Miami School of Law, Adjunct Professor, 1979 – 1981, 1988 – 1989
- J.D., University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, 1973
- B.A., Goucher College, 1970
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Rate : $$$