Elizabeth A. Breen’s practice focuses on representing integrated health systems, academic medical centers, hospitals and other health care providers, and on representing health care technology and services companies.
Elizabeth routinely advises on health care transactional and operational matters, addressing federal and state health care regulatory compliance issues, including “Stark” and anti-kickback law compliance, health privacy and security, certificate of public need and licensure issues.
- Regularly advises health system, hospital, and other health care provider and health care company clients on a variety of contractual matters, including physician employment, recruitment, professional services, co-management, § 340B contract pharmacy and other services arrangements.
- Regularly advises health system, hospital, and other health care provider and health care company clients on matters involving health privacy and security, including negotiation of business associate agreements, the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules, HITECH breach notification and related matters.
- Regularly advises health system, hospital and other health care provider clients on certificate of public need and facility licensure matters, including the establishment of new hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers, hospital bed and operating room expansions, hospital and health care facility service line initiations and expansions, as well as equipment acquisition and expansion.
- Provides health care regulatory support to the firm’s REIT practice on transactions involving health care properties.
- Represented health system client in successful effort to secure certificate of public need approval to establish proton beam therapy services.
- Represented health system client in the restructuring and sale of a joint-ventured laboratory services company to a large, publicly traded laboratory services provider, including re-negotiation of ancillary services arrangements.
- Represented hospital clients in the development and restructuring of joint-ventured ambulatory surgery centers.
- Represented health system and academic medical center clients in multiple physician practice acquisitions.
- Advised acute care hospitals in sales of substantially all of the hospitals’ assets.
- Advised underwriter clients on health care regulatory aspects of issuer’s business model in initial public offering.
- Advised hospital clients on the development of and amendment to medical staff bylaws, policies and procedures.
- JD, William & Mary Law School, Articles Editor, William & Mary Law Review, 2000
- BA, History, University of Virginia, 1997
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Virginia Bar Association, Health Law Section
Rate : $$$