Elizabeth J. Campbell is a Partner in the Atlanta and West Palm Beach offices of Locke Lord LLP and a member of the business litigation, financial services, class action, and insurance practice groups. She represents a broad range of clients in general commercial disputes and regularly defends clients in litigation and arbitration matters in state and federal court.
In addition, Liz is a member of the Firm’s Board of Directors and serves as the Litigation Coordinator for the Southeast. Liz has litigated cases involving RICO, fraud, breach of contract, unfair business practices, trade secret and restrictive covenants, and technology disputes.
Liz also handles complex insurance coverage, cyber insurance and bad faith claims, reinsurance trust issues, and life settlement matters. In addition, she regularly advises clients regarding electronic discovery, the unauthorized access of computer systems, and information technology issues.
Representative Experience :
- Commercial Litigation
- Secured a preliminary injunction on behalf of a privately held communications company and its related German affiliates against two former officers and directors, preventing access to and disposition of millions of dollars in corporate assets
- Represented former employee and new employer in restrictive covenant and theft of trade secrets dispute involving proprietary conveyor belt industrial technology
- Obtained complete summary judgment for a large corporation against multi-million dollar copyright infringement claims brought by former employee
- Obtained early dismissal, in a large commercial action involving 28 defendants, where multiple claims of fraud, misrepresentation, negligence, and breach of contract were alleged.
- Represented non-admitted reinsurer and its officers and directors in reinsurance trust dispute and run-off claims issues with ceding insurer, in connection with CGL, auto, trucking, and workers’ compensation portfolios
- Defended reinsurer and individual executives in dispute with ceding insurer and trust account holder over alleged improper release of reinsurance trust account funds following commutation of quota-share reinsurance treaties
- Defended auto insurer in dispute with specialized software and technology services company over failed development and implementation of customized industry-related software
- Consumer Finance
- Obtained early dismissal of multiple Florida class actions involving allegations of improper lender-placed insurance and related breach of contract, negligence, and fraud claims
- Defended multiple class actions against residential mortgage servicers and affiliates alleging improper late fees, property-inspection fees, property-valuation (BPO) fees, and other charges for default-related services
- Class Actions
- Defended large companies, national banks, loan servicers, and insurers in high-stakes class action cases in courts across the Southeast in consumer fraud, deceptive trade practices, and FLSA matters
- Secured multiple early dismissals of putative class actions in Georgia and Florida in cases involving FDCPA, FCRA, RESPA, and TILA allegations.
- J.D., with distinction, The University of Texas School of Law, 2003
- B.A., cum laude, Furman University, 1999
Admissions : Florida, Georgia.
Rate : $$$