Elizabeth J. Cappiello is an associate in Baker Donelson’s Washington D.C. office. Ms. Cappiello concentrates her practice in government contracts, disaster recovery, and construction. Her government contracts practices includes bid protests, bid preparation, contract management, and representing clients in claims arising during contract performance.
She also advises clients on compliance with federal and state procurement regulations, internal investigations and voluntary disclosures, suspension and debarment actions, and challenging default terminations.
As part of her disaster recovery practice, Ms. Cappiello has significant experience advising state and local governments and non-profit entities on compliance with laws, regulations, and procedures relating to eligibility for federal disaster and mitigation assistance under the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) Public Assistance program.
In the construction law arena, Ms. Cappiello represents owners, design professionals, general contractors, subcontractors, and sureties in contract formation and construction disputes involving a wide range of construction projects.
She has experience providing project advice and negotiating project disputes, as well as handling delay and impact claims, contract terminations, mechanics’ liens, construction defects, design negligence, and bond claims.
As part of her litigation practice, Ms. Cappiello represents clients in state and federal courts, administrative hearings, arbitrations and mediation conferences. She works with a diverse group of clients including health care institutions, software companies, and federal and state contractors in many different industries, including large non-profit organizations funded by federal agencies, including the National Science Foundation, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the Department of Energy, and the Department of Defense.
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., 2009, cum laude
- McGill University, B.A., 2004
- District of Columbia
- Court of Appeals of the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Represented a federal contractor in a dispute with the U.S. Postal Service involving payment for out-of-scope peak holiday season services.
- Represented a federal contractor in an appeal of size determination at the Small Business Administration Office of Hearings and Appeals.
- Provided advice to a non-profit federal contractor regarding compliance issues related to its multiple cooperative agreements with the National Science Foundation.
- Assisted a large federal contractor with avoiding suspension and debarment following an Office of Inspector General recommendation for such action.
- Represented a general contractor in a dispute with Maryland Transit Authority involving payment and delay claims related to the construction of a bus transit facility.
Rate : $$$