Elizabeth E. Cary focuses her practice on litigation. Prior to joining the firm, she clerked for Chief Judge R. Guy Cole, Jr., where she collaborated with the judge and clerks on criminal and civil appellate matters involving a variety of legal issues, including habeas corpus and AEDPA; sentencing under the U.S.S.G.; First, Fourth and Sixth Amendment rights; and administrative appeals.
She began her legal career in New York City before moving to Columbus. Elizabeth has experience representing businesses and high net-worth individuals at each stage of litigation and in regulatory matters. She has also worked on the client service team for a national insurance agency.
- Emory University School of Law (J.D., 2011)
- Columbia University (B.A., 2005)
Bar Admissions : Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Ohio
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association
- Minorities in the Profession Committee
- MLK, Jr. Symposium Committee
- John Mercer Langston Bar Association
- Communications chair
- Women for Economic and Leadership Development, Emerging Professionals Committee
- African-American Leadership Academy (United Way of Central Ohio Initiative), Cycle 10
- National Bar Association, affiliate member.
Rate : $$$$