Elizabeth Crabtree Akins focuses her practice on construction, representing clients from across the industry, including owners, developers, contractors and engineers. Liza has experience in complex construction disputes in the energy, real estate development, shipbuilding and federal government contracting sectors, as well as counseling clients during ongoing construction projects.
Liza’s background as a civil engineer allows her to understand the particular complexities of construction projects and disputes and provides a fuller understanding of her clients’ needs.
Liza is a member of the board of directors for the Georgia Asylum and Immigration Network, a non-profit organization providing free legal services to victims of trafficking and other violent crimes as well as asylum seekers.
- American Society of Civil Engineering, Construction Institute
- Atlanta Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- American Bar Association, Forum on Construction Law
- Urban Land Institute
- B.S.E., Civil Engineering, Duke University 2008
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School 2012
Rate : $$$