Elizabeth Fessler represents manufacturers of pharmaceuticals, food, beverages, pet food and personal care products in class actions and multidistrict litigation, and provides regulatory counseling. As a former law clerk for the Hon.
Beth Phillips of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri, Elizabeth is familiar with all aspects of litigation in federal courts, and has developed a strong understanding of effective legal writing to a judicial audience. She taps into her experience with federal procedure and motion practice to better serve her clients in complex litigation.
Elizabeth’s undergraduate degree in mass communication enhanced her interest in managing brand image, not only in dealing with litigation but also in counseling clients on strategies to avoid litigation and maintain regulatory compliance.
In her regulatory practice, she counsels clients through FDA and USDA label reviews and the procedures necessary to initiate market withdrawals. Her interest in media perception leads her to take a holistic approach in advising clients.
She has a strong interest in understanding the business decisions necessary for her clients to remain competitive in the marketplace while still responsibly complying with regulatory requirements.
Before becoming a lawyer, Elizabeth worked as a paralegal. She has been actively involved in legal practice since 2005 and participated in multiple trials both as a paralegal and a law clerk. Her interest in justice extends to her commitment to assisting pro bono clients.
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, 2014
- Journal of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Board Member
- UMKC Law Review, Staff Member
- The Urban Lawyer, Staff Member
- Phi Delta Phi
- B.A., summa cum laude, University of Missouri-Kansas City, 2010 (Communications, emphasis in Mass Communication and Journalism)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- The Hon. Beth Phillips, U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
Rate : $$$