Elizabeth A. Green practices primarily in the areas of bankruptcy and restructuring, and has represented corporate debtors and secured creditors, unsecured creditors, committees, bondholders and trustees in bankruptcy cases of corporate and individual debtors.
Elizabeth also has experience with out-of-court workouts, assignments and receiverships, and has represented numerous parties as buyers in 363 sales. Elizabeth is the leader of the firm’s national Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Creditors’ Rights team and a member of the Policy Committee, our governing body.
She has been inducted as a fellow in the prestigious American College of Bankruptcy, was named one of five Law 360 MVP’s in Bankruptcy in 2016 and is an adjunct professor at the University of Florida, Levin College of Law, where she teaches Advanced Bankruptcy.
- Represented, as lead counsel, Black Elk Energy Offshore Operations LLC in a chapter 11 in the Southern District of Texas.
- Represented, as lead counsel, American Eagle Energy Corporation in a bankruptcy case filed in the District of Colorado.
- Counsel to Dakota Plains LLC, a midstream transportation energy company, filed in the District of Minnesota.
- Represents, as lead debtors’ counsel, Uplift LLC and Alliance Health Networks Inc., as well as 62 related debtors in the Southern District of Texas.
- Served as debtor’s counsel to Behavioral Support Services Inc., an outpatient care facility in Altamonte Springs, Florida.
- Represents buyers in Vanguard Healthcare LLC in the Middle District of Tennessee; Preferred Inc. in the Northern District of Texas; and Sr. Care Group Inc. in the Middle District of Florida.
- Served as debtor’s attorney in the successful restructuring and reorganization of Legacy Healthcare LLC’s three nursing homes and its related entities in the Western District of New York.
- Handled both business and residential condominium reorganization cases including Studio Parc LLC; Cornerstone Orlando LLC; and The Plaza LLC.
- Served as debtor’s attorney for F.F. Station LLC d/b/a Church Street Station, a 5-acre entertainment complex in downtown Orlando, Florida.
- Served as debtor’s attorney for AP Military Group Inc., a produce broker adversely affected by an E. coli spinach outbreak.
- Served as official bankruptcy court-appointed mediator in more than 100 fraudulent transfer and D&O cases in the case of In Re E Brands LLC.
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas: Complex Case Committee (2018 to 2020)
- American College of Bankruptcy: 11th Circuit District Council
- Fishburne Hudgens Educational Foundation, Inc.: Board of Directors
- Central Florida Bankruptcy Bar Association Annual Seminar: Chair (2009 to 2014)
- American Bankruptcy Institute Paskay Seminar: Advisory Board
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 1986, with honors, top 5% of class, Order of the Coif
- B.A., New College of Florida, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1986
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, 2018
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2012
Rate : $$$