A former president of the Florida Academy of Healthcare Attorneys, Elizabeth F. Hodge concentrates her practice on compliance and regulatory issues affecting health care providers and payers and employer-sponsored health plans.
Betsy has significant experience with HIPAA and the HITECH Act and assists covered entities and business associates in complying with these laws through the development of policies and procedures, workforce training, analysis and notification of breaches, and assisting with government audits and investigations.
In addition, she counsels her clients on regulatory issues, including state and federal fraud and abuse laws. A frequent speaker and author on developing issues in healthcare law, Betsy is a member of the Florida Hospital Association’s HIPAA Preemption Analysis Task Force.
- J.D., Washington and Lee University School of Law, 1998
- B.A., Duke University, Economics, 1985
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- American Health Lawyers Association – Vice-Chair of Publications, Privacy and Security Risk, Compliance and Enforcement Affinity Group of the Health Information Technology Practice Group (2017 – 2018)
- Attorney Liaison to Florida Healthcare Corporate Compliance Association
- Florida Hospital Association HIPAA Preemption Analysis Task Force, Member
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member; Health Information & Technology Leadership Development Program, July 2016 – July 2017
- The Florida Bar, Healthcare Section, Member
- Leadership Tampa Bay, Class of 2013, Graduate
- Florida Hospital Association, Member
Rate : $$$$