Elizabeth Riles is a founding and the managing partner at Bohbot & Riles. Ms. Riles was born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area. A Stanford University undergraduate, Ms. Riles went on to receive her J.D. from Boalt Hall School of Law, U.C. Berkeley in 1998 and has been in practice since 1998.
She specializes in employment and personal injury cases. She also provides Human Resource consulting and mediation in her work to ensure safe and healthy workplaces for employees and employers alike.
She has successfully represented employees against a wide variety of businesses and government entities, in matters of race, national origin, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, disability and gender discrimination, cases of sexual and racial harassment, retaliation, whistle-blowing and wrongful termination.
In 2011, she was honored by the City of Lancaster for her work in obtaining a significant verdict in a gender discrimination and hostile work environment case against a nationally known long haul trucking company. In 2012, Ms. Riles was a finalist for the prestigious Consumer Attorneys of California Street Fighter of the Year award.
Ms. Riles is admitted to practice in the State of California, the United States District Court, Northern District of California and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Ms. Riles is a member of the State Bar of California, California Women Lawyers, California Employment Lawyers Association, Queen’s Bench Bar Association, Alameda County Bar Association, Charles Houston Bar Association.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Charles Houston Bar Association, Member, 2010 – Present
- California Dispute Resolution Council, Member, 2009 – Present
- Alameda County Bar Association, Member, 2007 – Present
- California Employment Lawyers Association, Member, 2006 – Present
- California Women Lawyers, Member, 1998 – Present
- Queen’s Bench Bar Association, Member, 1998 – Present
- California Employment Lawyers Association, Board Member, 2016 – Present
- University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, Berkeley, California, J.D. – 1998
- Stanford University, Stanford, California, B.A. – 1995
Rate : $$$