Elizabeth A. Myers is an associate attorney in our insurance defense practice group at Smith Bigman Brock. For nearly three years prior to joining our defense team, she worked as law clerk for the Seventh Judicial Circuit where she conducted legal research and drafted orders and memoranda for the Judiciary on appellate, civil, criminal and family law related matters.
Prior to that she worked as an associate attorney for a firm in California practicing in the areas of insurance and re-insurance defense, public entity defense of school districts, construction defect cases, contracts, and general civil litigation.
Ms. Myers graduated from the University of Virginia with a Bachelor’s degree in Religious Studies and Biology in 1999. She graduated from the University of California, Davis School of Law earning her Juris Doctorate in 2004. She was the Senior Symposium Editor for the UC Davis Law Review and served as a Student Advocate in the Immigration Law Clinic.
She is also a King Hall Public Service Law Graduate, demonstrating her commitment to serving the community. While pursuing her law degree, Ms. Myers attended the International Law Program at the University of Leiden in the Netherlands.
During an internship with the International Criminal Tribunal for former Yugoslavia (ICTY) and the Grotius Centre for International Legal Studies at Leiden University, she organized a training program for Serbian defense attorneys on court interrogation techniques.
Additionally, she researched international humanitarian law and published “Recent Advances in International Humanitarian Law” during her internship with the International Institute of Humanitarian Law in San Remo, Italy. She has lived and traveled in Argentina, Uruguay, and South America and is proficient in Spanish.
- California, 2005
- Florida, 2015
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2005
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2017
- University of California, Davis School of Law, Davis, California, J.D. – May, 2004
- University of Leiden, Leiden, Netherlands, International Law Program – 2003
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, B.A., Bachelor of Arts – May, 1999
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Volusia County Bar Association, Member, 2015 – Present
- Flagler County Bar Association, Member, 2015 – Present
- Volusia Flagler Association of Women Lawyers, Member, 2015 – Present
Rate : $$$$